The Department of ENT at Dr.Muthus Hospitals has a range of ingenious treatments which cater to the patients suffering from diseases related to the ear, nose and throat. We aim at providing the best service possible. The Department has a team of doctors trained by a group of faculty members from renowned institutions.
The hospital has experts with decades of experience in this field and adequate knowledge in radiology investigations which are usually required in the department of ENT. We have super-specialized doctors in head & neck surgery. There is a team of highly skilled technicians and physicians who evaluate and interpret the results meticulously and provide correct reports to the specialists to take appropriate treatment decision.
Book an Appointment
Book an appointment now to consult a doctor at our hospital
Below mentioned are few conditions:
– Nose & Mouth conditions
- Sinus Infection
- Deviated Septum
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Nasal Fracture
– Ear & Hearing Conditions
- Ear Drainage
- Age related hearing loss
- Sudden Hearing Loss
– Throat Conditions
- Tonsils and Adenoids
- Neck Cancer
- Thyroid Nodules
Nosebleeds can occur due to many reasons; the most common being changes in weather. Normally nose bleeds occur in hot, dry climates or bitter cold environments. Some of the other causes for nosebleeds are:
- Self-induced nose picking
- Use of blood thinning medications
- Excessive intake of Alcohol
- Auditory brain stemimplant (ABR) or electrocochleography (ECochG).
- Behavioral testing – using tests such as visual response audiometry.
- Older children with post lingual deafness, standard pure tone and aided free field tests are performed along with speech discrimination.
- An aided audiogram.
The major causes of nasal obstruction are as follows.
- Acute Sinusitis(sinus infection)
- Common cold
- Decongestion nasal spray overuse
- Deviated septum
- Dry air
- Medications like high blood pressure drugs
Sinusitis is a common condition where cavities around the nasal passage become inflamed and swollen. There are several causes for sinusitis.Some of the causes are mentioned below.
- Nasal obstruction causing difficulty in breathing
- Pain, tenderness around eyes, cheeks, nose.
- Reduced sense of smell and taste
- Cough that might worsen in the night
- Sore throat